Salary: £18,000 to £21,000 depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join a corporate tax team for our client in Blackburn, a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the corporate tax team providing an excellent tax compliance and planning service to a large
range of corporate clients and business owners in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing
legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Prepare corporation tax computations and provisions for accounts including tax notes and reconciliations.
* Manage the corporation tax compliance process and ensure all deadlines are met
* Communicate with clients on their corporation tax affairs
* Ensure that all client enquiries and requests are dealt with promptly and effectively referring to other team members where appropriate and ensuring that client expectations are effectively managed.
* Actively look for tax planning opportunities within the corporation tax portfolio
* Work to budget and manage WIP in a timely fashion, referring to other departments and portfolio holders when needed and raising bills as required.
* Undertake tax advisory assignments and projects independently and working with managers and partners.
* Be involved in personal tax, business tax and capital gains tax when needed
Reporting and performance management:
* Reporting to the Corporate Tax Assistant Manager.
* Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
* Professional, technical and soft skill training.
In order to be successful you must:
* be AAT qualified
* have 2 years’ experience in practice
This vacancy is being managed by Alan Littlewood at Spear Recruitment Ltd
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you can follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and on Instagram @spearrecruitment
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Tagged as: accountancy jobs, semi senior tax jobs, tax advisor jobs
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.